Dear BOA families,
We have looked forward to writing this note to let you know that our office will be opening soon and we are anxious to welcome you.
The last several weeks have been an unprecedented test of endurance, resilience, and sacrifice for every household. During our downtime, we've participated in educational webinars, collaborated with colleagues, and launched renovations. We've altered our clinic and reception area, and expanded our PPE inventory. In addition, we've participated in training by experts in Infection Control, CDC Guidelines, Universal Precautions and Social Distancing.
As you see these changes and experience new protocols/guidelines, we want you to rest assured that we have your family's safety and well-being foremost in mind. We also want to thank you in advance for your patience with re-scheduling missed appointments, restricting entry to the clinic for non-patients as well as other measures mandated by the American Dental Association and the Center for Disease Control.
We will continue to practice universal precautions and protocols. Our clinical providers will wear face shields and safety goggles. Masks, as always, will be required, and we have prepared level 3, N95, and N95-equivalent masks for our entire staff. We will screen employees for symptoms of COVID-19 and record their temperature each day.
We have installed droplet barriers at our front desk and will have multiple HEPA air purifiers with internal UV-C light throughout the office. We have a humidifier that produces all natural anti-viral spray in the isolation room. The magazines have been removed from our waiting area as these are high touch items that are difficult to clean.
We will screen patients (before their appointment, at the time of check-in and post appointment follow-up) for symptoms and any history that puts them at high risk for COVID-19. Patients will have their temperature taken before entering the treatment area.
Your confidence and trust is greatly appreciated.
We look forward to seeing you.
Dr. Lin and the staff
It's A New Normal
What to Do Before you arrive
- Fill out, print and bring these forms with you to our office:
- Brush your teeth at home. Our tooth brushing station is currently closed to eliminate transfer of bacteria or viruses.
- Wear a mask, bandana or scarf to your appointment
- Do not drink anything cold or hot before you arrive. We will be checking your temperature with a forehead scanner to determine if you have a fever of 100.4 or greater. If you should feel poorly or have a temperature, we will reschedule your appointment.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes prior to your appointment. Call our office at 617-566-1775 and let us know that you have arrived. Stay in your car.
- We will record your mobile number and call you when we are ready for you or your child's appointment.
- We will record patient temperature and provide hand sanitizer.
- We ask that the patient proceed to the clinic unaccompanied by family member except under special circumstances
** Note: We ask that parent remain in the car to minimize the number of people in the office. This will assist us in meeting our social distancing and infection control requirements. Should a parent accompany child into the office, temperature and health questions will be asked as with the patient. We've always loved inviting parents into the clinic, however parents cannot enter the clinic until further restrictions are lifted.